OBS: The Campsite can unfortunately not open on May 1st as planned and does not provide any services at the moment.
You will find other campsites in the area here:
SEYÐISFJÖRÐUR CAMP SITE
The camp site is located close to the center of the town. It is surrounded with trees and divided into smaller areas.
Please note that camping in Seyðisfjörður is only permitted at the campground, you are NOT allowed to camp anywhere else within the town boundaries.
The camp site has great facilities for tents, mobile homes and folding campers. Electricity and WC facilities for campers. A service building where you’ll find a dining room, cooking facilities, showers, barbecue outside, hot and cold water, washing machine, a dryer and internet connection free of charge. As of summer 2020 dogs will be allowed on the campsite providing they are kept on a leash at all times.
Restaurants, grocery store, cafés, swimming pool, sports center, sauna, hot tubs, playground for children, golf course, trout fishing, kayaking, marked hiking trails, biking rent, sea fishing, cruising and bird watching within 300 – 500 m distance. Short walking distance to: The Technical Museum of East Iceland and Skaftfell cultural center. The Icelandic Camping Card can be bought at the camp ground.
The campsite gets extremely busy on Tuesday and Wednesday in the summer, when the ferry is on its summer schedule. You can expect some difficulties finding a suitable pitch and keep in mind that the staff is doing the best job they possibly can to make your visit with us enjoyable.
The age limit is 18 years unless travelling with adults.
Campsite Seyðisfjörður fact sheet Downloadable fact sheet in pdf format.
Share Back to where to stay
Location / Contact info
- Ránargata 1
- Tel: +354 6241075 Cell ; +354 4721521 Office
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Adults: 1.650 ISK
- Senior citizens and the disabled: 950 kr
- Children: Free for 14 years and younger
- Shower: 100 ISK for 2 min of hot water
- Washing machine: 720 ISK / Tumble dryer: 720 ISK
- Electricity: 770 ISK for 24 hr
- Access to the kitchen for other than the guests: 1.080 ISK
- PLEASE CALL +354 4721521 AHEAD OF YOUR ARRIVAL TO CHECK FOR AVAILABILITY
- Campers, motorhomes, caravans and/or cars have to keep 4 meters apart from each other.
- As of July 31st the maximum guest limit is 100 people. When the limit has been reached you will be redirected to another dedicated are.
- Mask wearing is mandatory inside the common area of the campsite.